lunes, 6 de julio de 2009

INGLÉS 3 A

A- Read about this old city called Kork and answer the questions below

Kork:
Kork is situated on the south coast of the island of Korkland. The city is bigger than in 1930, when people discovered gold near the city. The old town has many interesting historic buildings including the magnificent Royal Palace and the Temple of Rain. This temple is the oldest one in the city. The Romans built that enormous building nearly 2,000 years ago.
The new part of the city is more modern. There are places like the new opera house and the new parliament building. The tallest building in Kork is the Parliament There are also many new hotels, department stores and office blocks. Three million people live in Kork.
There are two important festivals in Kork. The winter games in January have skiing and skating events. Also famous are the enormous snowball fights between different groups of young Korkers in the city street.
On June 11th Kork celebrates Independence Day, with street parties and sports including turtle racing and the most dangerous competition: shark riding.


1. When did the city start growing?
_________________________________________________________________________

2. What is the Parliament famous for?
_________________________________________________________________________

3. How do they celebrate their winter festivals in Kork?
_________________________________________________________________________
4. The opera house is older than the the Temple of Rain. TRUE FALSE
5. Turtle racing is the most dangerous sport in Kork. TRUE FALSE

JUSTIFY THE FALSE STATEMENTS


B- Read the following text about an Korker and complete each blank with one of these words

WAS IS WHEN MUSTN’T THAN WHAT GOING NO AND YOURSELF FEW LOT MUST WILL HAVE

I am a student at Kork School. Every morning I get up at seven, have breakfast and ride my bike to school. Yesterday I _____________________ cycling along the Main Road ____________________ a cat crossed the street. I didn’t want to hurt it, so I turned quickly. But I fell off my bike_____________________ broke a leg. There were a _____________________ people in the street. A woman who was walking near me came to me and said: “ You _____________________ to be more careful when you ride the bike. You ______________________ ride so fast. You can hurt _____________________!” Just then she saw the blood in my leg and said: “ Oh dear! This is worse _____________________ I thought. I am ___________________ to take you to the hospital.” But I said: “I _____________________ go home. My parents can take me to hospital.”

C-Read more about this Korkger’s likes and circle the correct form of the verb.

Everybody in Kork loves pop music. My brother like / likes pop, too. We always go / are going to concerts tKorkether. Yesterday, we go / went to a concert by a new group. They was/were called “Blackmail”. There were / was a lot of people and we must / had to sit at the back. While the pop singers are going to sing / were singing, all the teenagers listened to this new group. It was great!
Next month “Blackmail” plays / are going to play at Kork school. We are all very happy.

D- Complete the dialogue

Shop assistant: Good morning. Can I help you?
Alice: Yes, please. ___________________________at that jacket, please ?
Shop assistant: Here you are.
Alice:________________________________________________________________
Shop assistant: It’s $44. It’s the nicest jacket in the store.
Alice: This is too small. _____________________________________________
Shop assistant: Let me see. I haven’t got a larger one
Alice: _________________________?
Shop assistant:Well, at Lou’s shop.
Alice:_______________________________________________________________
Shop assistant: Go past the school. It’s on the corner.
Alice: Thank you.


E- Writing
Imagine you live in Kork. Write a paragraph about your last camping trip.

Use these questions as a guide.

Where did you go?
Who did you go with?
What was the weather like?
What did you do?
What were you doing? What happened?
Did you enjoy yourself? Why? Why not?

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario